My first camping experience was definitely interesting. Shawn invited Will and me to Lake Havasu again for Memorial Day weekend and we had so much fun. I was supposed to leave Thursday, May 21 but Shawn said he wanted to get an early start to the lake so I drove to 29 Palms Wednesday evening. After Shawn was packed and ready to go (about 2 hours after I arrived on base) we left for Havasu City, AZ. It was just the two of us and Clark Kent Superdog. Will, David and Charlie were meeting us later in the week. Shawn and I arrived at the campgrounds to set up our gear and I couldn't believe how beautiful everything was. Shawn and I slept in his 2 person tent that night because I didn't have one yet. Will and I misplaced ours...or gave it away. First, sleeping in a 2 person tent with my brother and a small dog was interesting. My brother is not a small guy and Clark was walking around all night. HA! I'm sure you can imagine. However, it wasn't bad. The only really weird thing was sleeping that closely to my younger brother. :) As it turns out, I don't sleep very well anyway when it is 100 degrees outside. I think I might have gotten 2 or 3 hours of sleep. I was awake before sunrise.
Shawn needed to buy some things for the boat before we went on the water, so we spent the morning of the first day running errands. I think we were on the boat by noon because we were up so early and had plenty of time to get everything finished in the a.m. We went out on the boat and just kinda hung out. We docked and swam with Clark in a cove. Clark looks soooo cute when he swims...hehe. It's not everyday I get to hang out with my younger brother...it was really cool. David showed up later that afternoon and we went out again. It started to get busier that night so the water became really choppy (that seems to be a regular boating term). Shawn and David set up my new tent because I obviously had no clue how to do that. My first night camping was not the best experience. The campgrounds had amenities (indoor plumbing) so that wasn't the bad part. I had an air mattress but around 3a.m. it deflated. What I didn't realize at the time was that after it had deflated, I was sleeping on a HUGE rock. Yep, it left a bruise on the back of my neck. So, that kinda sucked and I didn't get much sleep the 2nd night, but I was cool with that. I was there to have fun and take a break from my everyday housewifey duties.
Friday came and we were on the boat again. Charlie and Will would be there that night so David, Shawn and I hung out in the channel under the London Bridge for most of the afternoon. Charlie arrived that evening so they went out on the boat while I waited for Will...but he never showed. He ended up working late...as always. I was awake most of that night because Will decided to head to the lake right after work...that was around 9:30-ish that evening. It worries me when he doesn't get any sleep. I think he arrived around 5:30 a.m. Saturday. I felt much better after he got there. I still can't believe he drove almost 8 hours to spend one night camping. I'm really happy he was able to be with me, though. This was Will's first boating experience. I just wanted him to take a break from his hectic work environment and have fun. We were on the boat around 7:30 a.m., I think. We had a blast! We cruised the channel and looked at all the topless women with pastease (yeah, one of the highlights...NOT). We swam a lot and went tubing...yep, including Clark. He's such a boating dog. :) That night was good except when I fell down a hill and scraped the hell out of my leg and almost twisted my foot. FUN! Of course, Will says he knew that was coming. He told me that he saw the hill and just had a feeling that I would fall down. Gee, I must be predictable. It was very sweet how all the guys ran to me, though. I really thought I sprained something but thank goodness it was only scrapes, bruises and swelling...a LOT of swelling!!!! So, there you have it...my first camping experience. There was probably more but it's been a few weeks since the trip and I'm tired.
Our moving experience, coming soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment