Saturday, June 9, 2012
Part 2...in 3,2...and, go...
Okay, so February comes along and my younger brother, Shawn, finally got hitched! Yes, I said Shawn! He married an adorable girl named Katelyn. I must say, she is the exact image of the girl we all figured he'd marry! They had a pretty wedding at my mom's church in Fort Worth and the reception was held at The Elk's Lodge. I think my brother might be their youngest member. So, my brother is now married , I'm walking again, and all is right with the world. Well, except the fact that I was still in pain after my surgery. My therapy sessions were coming to an end and I was still in pain. My hubby would ask if it hurt more or less than before. I never knew how to answer that since it was a different kind of pain. I still couldn't walk up/down stairs or a curb (yep, it was that bad). I decided to go back to the doctor to ask him if there was something else wrong with me. After my check-up he noticed that my pelvis was out of alignment. Well, that's just great, right?? Apparently, that happens with knee surgery patients because one knee will be healing more quickly than the other and people tend to lean on the better knee while the other is trying to heal. He told me I was probably limping for a while without realizing it. He then sent me to a specialist who popped my pelvis back into place (literally) and gave me a list of exercises to do to help keep my body aligned. Yoga is now my friend. Seriously. Awesome! Again...all is right with the world (or as much as it could be)...This brings me to the summer of 2011 and the California trip with my mom.
Please proceed to part 3 of the story...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment