Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dealing with life...

Let me start by saying that today was much better than yesterday. I only cried a few times. I didn't sleep well last night, but I guess I expected that. I kept thinking Calliope was going to jump on the bed in the middle of the night and sleep on my pillow. I'm not sure if it's denial or I'm just wishing she was still here. Last night, Cowboy started up the stairs and my first reaction was to say, "Cowboy, leave the cat alone!". Well, ok, I DID say it, then I corrected myself and asked him to come back downstairs. Calliope loved sitting upstairs on Will's pillow and looking out the two-story window, so whenever the dogs had a chance, they would sneak up there and bug her. I'll be honest...they also liked eating her food and getting into the litter box...dogs are gross!!! :) I still haven't moved any of her things, and I don't think I will for a while. It's very unusual for me to have an untidy home, but it's a different kind of situation. I just clean around her stuff. Her food and water bowls are still on her cat mat where I fed her. There is a water bowl on the kitchen counter (still filled with water) that she was drinking the day she was put to sleep. I did, however, scoop the litter because I don't want the dogs to get into it, and since it's next to Will's side of the bed, I didn't want Mr. super nose to smell it while he's trying to sleep. See, I'm such a good wife. :) The dogs are doing well. I think they kinda "know" Calliope isn't with us anymore, but they aren't sure why. Dogs are extremely intuitive, so maybe they knew she wasn't feeling well. Of course, that didn't stop them from constantly stalking her, even up until her last few days. Will made me laugh today. He said the dogs are probably trying to find a way to convince us that they aren't responsible for Calliope's "disappearance". hahaha Usually after he says something funny like that, I look at the dogs and, for some reason, they always look guilty. It's quite comical! They have been very comforting to me, though. I'm so happy to have them with me on a daily basis.

My knitting is moving right along. I taught myself to knit about a year ago...wow. I can't believe I've come this far. I guess when I put my mind to something, there's nothing stopping me!!! I'm knitting a felted backpack for my 10 yr old niece. I was worried about it initially, since it's my first intarsia project, but it isn't as difficult as I expected. The flower I'm knitting into the backpack actually looks like a flower. :) I've taken a few pics of the WIP and when I'm finished I'll post it on ravelry. I'm feeling a bit more confident about my knitting, but I'm still a little shy about showing it off. My friend, Jamie, wants me to play this online knitting game called "hat attack" on ravelry, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. It's kind of a "knitting war". See, there is a hat pattern that is sent out to everyone who joins the attack, your weapon is the hat. You have to send your hat to your enemy before your hat is sent to you...or something like that. I'm sure Jamie will correct me if I'm wrong...that is, of course, if she's reading this. :) I have a week or so to decide. She seems to think I'm good, which is such a compliment, since she is an awesome knitter/crocheter! She can knit or crochet anything! She even makes her own patterns! She's been doing it much longer than I have, though. So, I guess I should take that into consideration.

I suppose that's all I have to say for now. Until tomorrow...

No comments: