Today seemed longer than the average day. I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up every few hours to see if Will had come home...he never did. He worked 33 hours straight. I hate it when he does that. It usually happens when he is fixing something somebody else was too stupid to do correctly. He seems to be the only competent person working for CafeFx. I'm getting really fed up with that company and their damn incompetence, but there is nothing I can do about it...damnit. I really don't mean to, but it upsets me so much that sometimes I take it out on him. I think I just miss my husband. We haven't really spent a lot of time together in the 3 yrs of being a couple. Maybe that will change one of these days. Will is too nice to say anything and he's extremely good at what he does.
Anyway, we were thinking of driving to Santa Maria for Labor Day weekend but, because of his work schedule this week, we thought it would be better to do something here. Anyway, gas prices are so high, it will save us tons of money if we don't go. He suggested we go camping! It's cheaper than taking a trip and I've never been camping, so I'm all for it. As long as there is plumbing close by, I'm good (I refuse to pee in the woods!!!) :) I think we'll do that tomorrow night, since he hasn't slept in over 33 hours. He came home around 6:30pm, took a shower, then went right to sleep. The dogs and I are downstairs watching a movie so we don't disturb him.
I miss Calliope so much. I only cried twice today, so I'm feeling a little better. I think I'm still in shock. I woke up around 3 a.m. and started crying (that was the first). We received a sympathy card from the vet, which was handwritten, so that was nice (that was the second cry). I framed a picture of her last night before I went to sleep. I was looking through my scrapbook stuff and found a cat frame that hadn't been used. I decided to choose one of the many pictures of my Calliope to put in it. It is sitting on my night stand so I can see her everyday. :) I do plan on finishing her scrapbook. I bought a lot of things for it (stickers, etc...), but never actually purchased the book. I couldn't find one good enough for my prissy little Liope. I promised her I would make her scrapbook, so I'm going to buy the book this weekend. I cleaned the house today, but skipped the couch and the Texas flag rug, where she spent her last week. I almost washed out that bowl on the kitchen counter, but stopped myself. I guess my anal retentiveness almost got the best of me. Anyway, it's getting easier, but I can promise you that I'll never forget her and she'll always have a place in my heart.
I suppose I should go to sleep now.
No comments:
Post a Comment