So much has happened in the past few months. I've been subbing at Eagle Mtn Elementary. I'm learning that teaching is not really my thing but it's been a good way to make some money on the side. :-) I will be going back to being a housewife after this school year. I'm just so much better at that, I think. The dogs miss me, too.
Will and I have decided to stay in Texas, which is awesome!!! We've been looking at houses because renting is just not an option anymore. So, we're going to buy our very own home! I'm SO excited! However, house hunting isn't as fun as I thought it might be. He has the credit and income, but because we haven't been back home for 24 months, or longer, it's more difficult to be approved. It's possible, just a bit harder. If he had a steady, full time job, it would be different. It's all because he works from home. Hopefully, that will change soon. I think he might be taking up steady employment very soon. We'll find something perfect for us...I can feel it.
He was just asked to take a job in Cali for 10 weeks, so that's where he is until mid June. He only left tonight so I have to keep myself busy while he's gone. Now that I have my Wii it shouldn't be too difficult. hehehehe I also have a few friends who want to hang out, so that should be fun. I might go to Austin to visit my good buddy, Steve. I haven't seen him in a really long time, so we're due some catching up. I am also thinking of going to Waco to see Hillary!!!
Our cousin, Halle, will be here at the end of June. We're going to have SO much FUN! I have a lot of things planned for us to do. She's 14 and never been to Texas!!! Can't wait!!!!!
We are really praying for Escher right now. He is in the hospital and will be flying to Miami probably tomorrow night. It seems there is some moderate rejection from the transplant. I keep thinking they made a mistake, but the doctors are saying there are a lot of dead cells in his small intestines (I think that's correct). He's such a tough little guy. I just know he'll make it through this. A few weeks ago we met the lady who made it possible for Escher to live, his donor's mom. She is an awesome lady. She spent a few days with the family and she and Escher have an amazing bond. It really was fascinating to watch. It must have been difficult for her because her visit was close to the 3rd anniversary of Colby's (the donor) death. Wow, I couldn't even imagine...
So, that's about it for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment