Ahhhh...summer is over and the cooler weather is on its way. Autumn is my third favorite season. I love the colorful leaves on the ground and that cool, not quite cold yet, weather. The time of year when one puts away the tank tops and brings out the sweaters, jeans and boots (or in my case, winter flip-flops...yes, I have fuzzy flip-flops).
Let me go back to summer for just a minute...
June was GREAT! When I came home from visiting Will in CA, Mom, Scotty and I got started moving things into the new house! It was a bit of an ordeal since we moved things from the storage facility in Weatherford, then picked up our bedroom/office stuff from my mom's in Fort Worth. I bought a few items of furniture during the move so there was also McKinney, Denton and Azle. It took us a few days, but we finally got everything moved in!!! I didn't have much of a choice. Will was coming home June 21 and Halle would arrive on the same day. That only gave me a few days shy of 2 weeks to get everything set up! I really wanted Will to love the house as I do and of course, wanted our little guest to feel at home.
Ok, when I say "little guest" I'm not exaggerating. My little cousin, Halle, is 14 (now 15) and is only 5' tall and weighs about 98 lbs. And I have to say it...her mom is even littler. Hehehe Anyway, Will arrived on June 21 around 8:00 p.m. at DFW and Halle was arriving around 10:00 p.m. at Dallas Love Field. I was so excited I could hardly stand it! She had never been to Texas and she was as excited as I was, I think. She is my favorite little cousin. I suppose it is because we are so much alike. She is a dancer and a total goofball. No denying that we're related, huh?? Actually, when I describe her to people, I tell them to remember (or imagine, if they haven't seen it) me at her age and that explains everything. I wanted her to love it here and have a great time! We introduced her to Texas food (she LOVES fried pickles), friendly people and our infamous weather. I was so happy to discover that she LOVES it here! We Texans love to show off our state!!! Seriously, just ask a Texan. ;-) She is also the only one of the CA clan to meet Escher!! They had so much fun playing. :-)
Devyn Rayne arrived at the end of June. Boy, that was interesting. It looks like those people have done a bit more brain-washing. That poor girl has no clue as to what goes on in the world and has absolutely no guidance whatsoever. She sent my mom a letter after she'd been home a while that basically said she hates most of us and never wants to see us again because we are horrible people. Yes, it hurts, but we know that has all been put in her head by those people. The only thing we can do is pray for her.
July came and went. My mom's birthday is July 15th so she came to Mesquite to spend the day with us. That was fun, but just days before her then boyfriend went nutso on her and she was kind of emotional. I hope we helped her a little. I just don't know where she finds these whack jobs. We liked him until he went crazy! Oh well, everything happens for a reason, I suppose.
August was uneventful...
I finally made the dreaded appointment with the orthopedic surgeon about my knees. I have been working out lately and it has gotten to the point that I can barely walk some days. I can't do lunges or squats anymore. I can't bend my knees, even slightly, without that horrible cracking. I think it's about time to at least have someone tell me what the heck is wrong with me. I am way too young to be in this much pain. I am taking it easy this week but I really want to work out. Maybe I can fix the problem and get back to tapping!!!!
1 comment:
:-)
(not much of a comment, but hey)
Post a Comment