Monday, September 1, 2008

My weekend...

Oh, where should I start??? Hmm...this weekend was very lazy. We decided not to go camping because we couldn't find a dog friendly camp site. Well, they allowed dogs, but they must be on leash at all times and weren't allowed on the hiking trails. What is the point of taking your dogs with you??? I'm assuming that is due to irresponsible pet owners not cleaning up after their dogs.

Saturday afternoon, we decided to take the dogs to the dog park. We haven't been in a while because Cheyenne has a tendency to tear up the padding on her feet. They had a blast! Cheyenne is so funny. She thought she would cool off by laying in some muddy water...oh boy! Fun for mom. haha She let us wash her off under the water faucet at the park...she loves to play in the water!!!! Cowboy, not so much. He usually dodges it. :) Clark likes to bite the water...yes, he's a bit weird, but we love him. Cheyenne did NOT get hurt, thank goodness! Later that night, I had a break down. Sometimes I forget Calliope isn't here anymore. I was getting ready for bed, and for some reason I expected her to jump on my pillow. When she didn't, I remembered. I started crying and couldn't stop. Will found me on his way to bed and he just held me and let me talk about her. I think we cuddled for about 45 minutes. She was a huge part of my life and I wasn't ready for her to leave. Will is extremely understanding about how I feel. I don't know what I'd do without him by my side. He's amazing!

We went out to lunch and then shopped a little on Sunday. I finally found Calliope's scrapbook! It's red, which was her favorite color. Well, it seemed to be the color she enjoyed laying on. :) I also bought another sheet of stickers that fit her personality perfectly. I found size 50 knitting needles, too. They're HUGE!! I have some patterns that call for that size. I can't wait to use them. Will saw them and asked if I was going to fight a ninja or something..ha! Yep, that's my hubby! The rest of the day was spent watching movies and hanging out at home.

Today (Monday) was spent lounging around the house. I ordered some pictures of Calliope and the dogs to be printed. I'm looking forward to that picking those up. I found some pics of Calliope from 2005. She was so fat and happy. :) We've watched some movies on our big screen and cuddled. We have spent a lot of time together, which was much needed quality time.

Tomorrow will be the start of a new "me". I'll be starting my exercise routine again after taking a week off. Last week just wasn't good. I could not get the energy for anything. I didn't even attend tap last Tuesday because I wanted to spend time with Calliope. I didn't realize it was going to be her last night with us. I guess I just had a feeling that I needed to be with her. So, the new me will start tomorrow. I must stick with it and be more strict than I was before. I'm getting so sick of the way I look.

Oh, funny story...We were leaving the dog park and I was in the passenger seat. I have a habit of putting my foot on the dash or next to the window. This time, the window was down and Will decided to roll it up...with my pinky toe sticking out!! OMG, it really hurt. I think it's sprained, but I'll be okay. It just hurt like hell! Now when we get in the car, he thinks it's funny to ask if all feet are in the vehicle...ha ha! Yeah, he's hilarious!

Wow, have you noticed that most of my paragraphs end with how awesome my hubby is?? That's so funny!

Good weekend!!! :)

No comments: