I love weekends with the family. I'm so happy we have family here now.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
our great weekend!
We just spent the weekend with my younger bro, Shawn and had a blast! He's stationed in Oceanside, CA now and living in his cute little RV with one of his good friends. I don't know if I liked the friend much, though. He was very crude at times and kind of immature. Shawn likes him, so I suppose that's good enough for me. Anyway, Will and I rode the train, which was really enjoyable. Not having to drive was awesome! We got to enjoy each other's company and it is only a 2.5 hour ride each way. We arrived Saturday afternoon and Shawn showed us around the base. He took us to a Mechanized Museum that had tanks, jeeps and cannons dating all the way back to World War II! Shawn said he'd never been in there and asked if we wanted to go, so we were excited about that. We were tourists...it was sooo fun!! We didn't realize how large Camp Pendleton really is. That place is as big as a friggin' city!!! It has everything anyone could possibly need. He also showed us where he works. I took some pics of some big Hummers and tank things he drives. Shawn has 42 licenses. I didn't know there were that many...ha!!! We're all so very proud of our little Marine! hehe Well, he's not so little, but...ya know. ;) That night we went to a karaoke bar, which is something I haven't done in a long time. I was a little out of practice, but I didn't make a total fool of myself, which is good. All of us sang, even Shawn and Will! Shawn had some alcohol in him so that made it a bit easier, I think. It was Will's first public appearance and he was awesome!!! He's a wonderful singer, though, so I had no doubt he would be amazing. After karaoke, we went back to Shawn's place and attempted to teach him how to play Texas Hold 'Em. That was hilarious because he kept arguing with the rules. He was cracking me up!!! He has played poker before, just not hold 'em. It helps to know what hands are what and the general idea of poker, I suppose. Today we went to breakfast and then drove around the beach. We did, however, see the Kelly McGillis's house from Top Gun. I took some pics, so I'll post those when I have a chance. It's on a huge empty lot and boarded up now, but it was still cool to see it. We had to be at the train station around 12:30pm, so didn't have much time for anything but sight seeing. We had a lot of fun. Shawn mentioned coming to Burbank tomorrow for something, so I hope he does. I'd love to have him over for a while...maybe watch a movie with me. He's off tomorrow for MLK Day. Well, that's about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment