Ok, so we've been house hunting for over a week. I think I wrote that in my last blog, but now we have chosen one we like. It's in a great location and it's absolutely perfect for us!!! The only thing I worry about now is being approved. There shouldn't be a problem, but you never know. Of course, when I take a drug test I worry...and I've never touched drugs...haha. I suppose I'm just paranoid or something. Anyway, we're going to look at the house again tomorrow and pick up an application. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm soooooooo excited!!! It's just too perfect. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed (and my toes, legs, arms, etc..hehe).
The hound dog hasn't left yet. I can't believe she is still here. I really want to have a chat with her owner but I'm afraid of what I might say to him...unintentially, of course. I know he's a nice guy and would never "intentionally" take advantage, but I'm afraid that's what he's been doing. The original deal was that Pumpkin (the dog) needed a place to stay until Kris (the owner) and his dad found a house that allows pets. He said it would only be a month or two. She has been here since November and he is now saying it will be mid-February when he can pick her up. He also said he would be coming over twice a week to see her (bathe her, brush her teeth, just spend quality time with her, etc...). At first, he came MAYBE once a week, then in December he stayed at our house while we were in Texas for 2 weeks. I understand that he was watching his dog, but it would have been nice if he had checked the mail and taken out the trash. Our trash and recycling were full and so was the mailbox. It is just common courtesy...you would think. Also, when we came home from our trip, there were packages left by our front door that he had seen and didn't even bring inside (we know that, because he told Will about them when they talked). I think that's a bit strange. I guess he figured he has done his duty by staying with HIS dog, because he hasn't come over since. So, it's been a month and no Kris. That just drives me crazy! This poor dog thinks we're her family. I feel sorry for her. The worst part about it is that I don't think he's going to be a great dog parent, from what I can tell. Poor Pumpkin will probably end up tied or chained to a tree in the backyard and that makes me sad. But I can't control other people, and all I can do is pray for her. After all, she is the innocent "child" (or victim, if you will) in all of this.
I suppose that's about it...for now. I will definitely keep everyone updated on the status of the house. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment