I started off last week really well, then I messed it up by not sticking to my strict diet. I was supposed to follow a certain diet my friend gave me that she got from her personal trainer. I only had to do it for two friggin' weeks and I couldn't even manage that. Wow, I really need to get my head on straight. I was thinking of starting it again, but since my birthday is next Tuesday, I want to bake a cake...and actually have a piece. So, I guess it'll have to be put off another couple of weeks. I don't really want to do it right after my birthday because my mom will be visiting a week later, and what fun is a vacation if one of the people is miserable. I guess I shouldn't say that I'd be miserable, but I tend to be happier on a full stomach...which could also attribute to my unhappiness. Wow, now that's a vicious cycle, huh? So, I'm just going to take it easy with my eating and start exercising tomorrow. I need to in a bad way...this is just becoming ridiculous!
Will decided to spend the weekend writing, so I attempted to stay out of his way. We went to lunch together Saturday at The Elephant Bar. Oh, that was interesting. We were seated at a table that wobbled and it bothered Will, so he asked our server if we could move. Well, as I fumbled to get up to go to the other table, I forgot about the step the booth was on, tripped and fell on my butt!!! hahaha It was embarrassing, yet quite funny. Yes, I'm extremely entertaining. Will didn't even see it. I told him about it and our server asked if I was okay. I informed her that it's nothing new and I do it all the time. I think she thought I was kidding. Anyway, I spent the rest of that day cleaning and organizing our office, which desperately needed it. I must say, it looks awesome! Today (Sunday) was mostly spent shopping. As much as I hate that, it wasn't so bad since it wasn't all grocery shopping. I even signed up for a Sewing 101 class at JoAnn Fabrics. I'm very excited about it. I'm hoping it will answer some questions for me since I sort of taught myself how to sew through books and the internet. I spoke with the instructor and she seems very helpful. Can't wait!!! I also made an appointment for tomorrow to have my eyes checked. I really need new contacts and I know my prescription has changed. My last exam was over a year ago...oops! I have decided I need an extra pair of glasses, too. I found a really cute pair, but I haven't even checked prices yet. :)
I've been keeping myself busy with old t.v. shows (while not cleaning and shopping). My mom loaned "Make Room for Daddy", "The Donna Reed Show", and "Father Knows Best" to me. I love old shows, life was so much simpler then (well, it's portrayed that way, anyway). I am finished with everything except "Father Knows Best"...I just started that one tonight. I'm hoping she'll bring "The Nanny" when she visits. Will bought me the 3rd season of "I Dream of Jeannie" for Valentine's Day so I look forward to watching that one, too. That was the gift I was waiting to be delivered. He knows me so well! hehe I asked for "Bewitched" for my birthday, but who knows if I'll get it. I figure if I don't, I'll just buy the first couple of seasons...hehe. I'm still waiting for Bonanza to become available. ;)
I've been asked what I want for my birthday and, honestly, I just don't know. I could ask for a few dvds and cds, but the two things I really want are rather expensive, so they might be out of the question. I would love to have a bicycle (yes, probably pink) and a Dyson hand vac (sadly, that only comes in one color). Yes, I know it's strange to ask for vacuums, but I can't help it...I like to clean. I am still thrilled with my Dyson I got as a wedding gift.
Will finished his treatment tonight. He asked if I'd proofread it for him and I told him I could do that tomorrow, along with all the other things I'll be doing. Tomorrow is going to be a bit busy, but I like that. The busier I am, the less I worry about things. I always seem to be stressing about something. I'm working on that. Sometimes I need to just chill. So, this is the treatment he would like to get out there to the film-makers. He seems to think it has something and I believe in him. He's an amazing writer and I hope someone out there will realize that. He is talented and deserves a chance to make it. I have faith in him. I'll just keep praying that he'll be discovered some day. I get so sick of our friends laughing that he wants to be a film-maker. They don't know anything. Just because they won't make it doesn't mean Will won't. At least Will is trying. I honestly don't think they do it to me mean, it's all in fun. When he was younger, he told people he was going to be in the movie industry...a lot of them laughed, I think. Well, look at him now. HAAA to all those people! I'm very proud of my husband. He's absolutely wonderful.
Okay, so I had a Calliope break down tonight. I was going to throw out the (clean) litter from her litter box and when I bent down to pick it up, I couldn't do it. I just started crying and couldn't stop. Sometimes I forget she is gone. I still call her name when I come home from the store, but I never tell anyone because I think they might not understand.
Oh yeah, one more tidbit...Will was offered a job in Australia. Let me repeat that. AUSTRALIA. Yes, A-U-S-T-R-A-L-I-A. For the summer. Doesn't want to go. Crazy. Ok, I'm going to bed now. I have an eliptical awaiting my workout in the a.m.
May the force be with you...
No comments:
Post a Comment