Well, we had our first "official Valentine's day. Since we met, we've had the most difficult time celebrating that day.
2006 - He was in California. We were going to have a webcam dinner date but neither of us could get our webcams to work.
2007 - we went to dinner, but he was working so much that we didn't have much time to be as romantic as we wanted it to be.
2008 - I was sick with the flu/cold and had bronchitis. It didn't stop there. I was sick through mid March. Yes, even my birthday.
So, this year we made up for it. I had a candelight picnic in the living room waiting for him when he got home. I also had the fire going and the coffee table was set with heart place mats and rose petals. We had apple glazed chicken with veggies and sparkling grape juice for dinner. I bought him a few cards and some of his favorite candy (Reese's peanut butter cups). I really wasn't expecting anything from him, but of course he came home with cards, chocolates, flowers and a stuffed animal. He apologized for not having more time to plan, but I consider myself lucky to have a man who even wants to do things for me. I love and appreciate anything he does for me. It was absolutely perfect.
He says I have something else coming, but he won't tell me when it might be here. I have no clue what it could be and it's been driving me CRAZY!!!!
The next day he told me that it was the best Valentine's day he's ever had and that I'm in charge of it from now on. Great...that coming from the romantic one of the relationship...hehe. I don't know how I can out do that one, but I'll do my best.
All I want to do is make him happy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment