Friday, November 13, 2009

The floor is finished!

Well, yesterday Will and I started installing the floor in my mom's loft and finished it!!!! Yep! It took us about 9 hours for the project (including ripping out the carpet). It's approximately 250 sq ft. I was going to do it myself, but Will decided to help and I'm so glad he did. I'm strong, but not THAT strong. It turns out the longest wall in the loft is curved and the side walls are a bit crooked, so it took a lot more muscle than I have to do the job. I could have done it but it would have taken me a lot longer. I still can't believe it only took us a day. We had the furniture moved back into the room that night. There is still the quarter round and thresholds to put on, but other than that it looks GREAT! I think we did an awesome job...if I do say so myself. :) The only other projects we have on our list are Meema's hallway and mom's stairs. I think we plan on working on my mom's guest room floor, too, but that might be a while. Our bodies are paying for it, though. We are SO sore!!! The sad thing is that we're not old so this shouldn't hurt this badly. This project might have been a big eye opener for us. We're not 20 anymore, but we're definitely not old enough to "feel" as if we're 70! So, I think we're really going to start taking better care of ourselves. What better way to do that than to sign up for a 1 mile run. :) I signed us up for Joey's run tomorrow so that should be a fantastic start to a new life. After that we're going to his sister's house for Madeline's 5th birthday party! That should be a lot of fun and it's always good to see Melody, David and the kiddos. We need to do that more often.

I'm really looking forward to after the party. Will and I are going to have the house to ourselves tomorrow night. Mom and Scotty are going to hear Hillary sing at Johnnie High's. We wanted to go but just can't afford it right now. We're trying to be a little smarter with our money, especially since Will hasn't decided what he's going to do and we don't know where we're going to live. Not sure what we'll do with the house all to ourselves, but I'm sure we'll make the best of it. ;) Maybe dinner and a movie. All I know is that I can't wait to spend some quality time with my hubby!!!!

More later...

No comments: