Sunday, March 1, 2009

Charmed, I'm sure...

I have finally chosen my new look. Yep! I picked out some really cute glasses. I can't wait to get them. I placed the order last Wednesday, so I should be picking them up some time this week. Anyway, this weekend started out pretty well. I woke up early Saturday morning to purchase tickets for the George Strait/Reba concert that will be at the new Cowboys Stadium June 6. I knew the tickets would sell out quickly so I was on my computer the second they became available. Okay, here's what happened...tickets went on sale at 10a.m. (CST) Saturday, Feb 28, so I was awake before 8a.m. (PST). I was on my computer and ready to purchase them at EXACTLY 8a.m. I selected "best available" and "any price" (I was willing to pay the highest priced ticket....this is GEORGE!!!). Well, I had some really great seats in the center section on the floor, 5th row in front of the stage. After the site chose those seats, I immediately started putting in the information to purchase them. The site only allows 2 mins and 15 secs to complete your transaction. I thought I was going to succeed and beat the stupid clock. Wrong! There was an error with the parking lot I chose. Apparently, there was an inventory problem with it. Whatever the heck that means. I finally chose parking they would "accept" but when I hit "continue" to go to billing another error came up and said that I had exceeded the time limit. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! I try again. This time the seats were waaaaayyyy up at the top of the stadium. I couldn't believe I lost those great seats. I went ahead and purchased the seats in outer space because I wasn't going to risk going through that again and not finding anything. Those tickets were disappearing very quickly. I am also grateful that I found 6 seats together. Yes, I was buying 6 tickets. Obviously, that is what made this task so difficult. At least our seats are facing the stage and not behind it. Although, looking at the back side of George might not be so bad...hehe. You do what you can do, I suppose. We'll have so much fun! Seeing George Strait and Reba McEntire in concert is something that doesn't happen everyday. I can't wait!!!! I'll be buying binoculars very soon. ;)

The rest of Saturday was spent waiting for Kayla and her friend, Mike, to arrive from Vegas. They are working at the L.A. convention center this week and need a place to stay. They actually got lost getting here so it took them almost 2 hours longer than it should have. They wanted to go to the bonfire on the beach with us so we waited for them. After they arrived we loaded up the dogs and set off to Pismo Beach, which is a 2.5-3 hour trip from our house. The first 30 mins were interesting. We sold our coffee/end tables and the man buying them didn't have a truck so we told him we could drop them off on our way out of town. No big deal. Anyway, the tables were in the back of the Tahoe and for the first part of the trip the dogs sat in the back seat with Kayla and Mike. And if anyone knows Cowboy and Cheyenne, they know they're 60 lb. lap dogs...haha. Kayla and Mike were troopers. I bet they were really sick of being in a car. I did warn them before we left for Pismo. :) The bonfire was okay. It seems that all the fun people from CafeFx are gone. There were so many new faces. I think I only recognized 4 out of 25 people. The most fun was letting the dogs walk on the beach. Cowboy kept trying to get in the ocean. I had to pull him from the water a few times. He's so funny! The drive was good. I got a lot of knitting finished. I'm hoping to finish Beth's purse this week so I can start on Vicki's project. We didn't get home until about 3a.m. and I'm really tired today.

Will and I had lunch at Chili's in Encino, where we saw Brian Krause!!! For those of you who aren't fans of Charmed, he's "Leo Wyatt". He played their Whitelighter and Piper's husband. That is/was my favorite show! Sadly, the series ended, but I have 6 of the 8 seasons. :) I watch it everyday while on the eliptical or treadmill. The whole series is finally on sale now. Of course it would go on sale when I have most of the season already. The dvd case for the series is the Book of Shadows...pretty cool. Brian looked exactly the same in person and is very nice looking. It looked like he was there with his softball buddies or something. Seemed like a nice guy. I didn't want to be rude by walking up to him, so I just stared a little. hahaha I couldn't believe he was there. Living in California isn't home, but it definitely has its perks!

2 comments:

PiperRedfern said...

You got to see Leo??? *grumbles some more*

I shared your Johnny Depp story with my coven, and all of them are jealous. To quote some of them, "Your friend sucks." ;)

sunny said...

Yeah, I lead a "charmed life" hehehehehe. You have no idea how many times I've heard that I suck in the last year. ;)