So, I had my birthday last Tuesday. Yep, I'm approaching my mid-thirties. Wow, I'm having a difficult time adjusting to that, but I'll deal with it. I suppose I have to, it's better than the alternative. :) Anyway, I got a surprise visit from Shawn on my birthday. He was off work and wanted to pick up the cds that I borrowed from him. He totally forgot what day it was. haha He went to lunch with Will and me, then we spent the afternoon watching Narnia at our house while Will worked (poor Will). I'm really glad I got to spend my birthday with him. I don't see him very often and I miss him very much. It makes living in California a bit easier knowing my brother lives only a few hours away. I got everything I wanted for my birthday except a bike, which I still want, but Will wants to make sure I'll actually use it (makes sense). So, I'm going to ride his bike for a while to get used to being on one again and maybe he'll buy me one for our anniversary or something. I want a pink one, naturally. I would really like to ride with him, and if I'm riding his that might make it a little difficult, don't ya think?? hehehehe The only other thing I asked for, and didn't get, was the Dyson hand vac, but I'll buy it eventually.
I found a friendly knitting shop in Encino and I think I'm going to be there Saturday to get some help with knitting a sweater. I think I can do it, but the patterns scare me. The ladies at the shop seem very helpful. I look forward to learning that. I finally finished Beth's purse. The only thing left is the lining, but that's the easy part. I think I finally found the yarn I need for Vicki's purse. I've been looking for 3 months and haven't had much luck. Cross your fingers that the yarn I ordered will be what I need. I should have charged her more money. I might have to take a dying class in order to get the look I want. She is being patient, though. :)
I've decided that I'm going to re-organize this week. I've been getting clothing together for Goodwill and I've also been attempting to get rid of some furniture and other things we don't really use. I was trying to sell our dining table and chairs for $100, then $75, then $65 and eventually lowered the price to "free" since I wasn't getting any responses. I had 5 people wanting it yesterday (of course, right after I post it as "free"). Two people said they'd come by to pick it up but neither showed up. I hate that. Maybe I'll have better luck today. It's really sad when I can't even give away my furniture. HA!
My mom will be here Saturday so I'm also preparing for her visit. We aren't going to do a whole lot this time, but we'll still see the Queen Mary (again), Universal Studios (again), and Hollywood (again). Hollywood is kinda like going to downtown Fort Worth to us now. We've been there so often we know where everything is. :) I do want to take her to Grauman's Chinese Theater since she hasn't been inside. It's pretty cool but I don't know if there will be a movie worth seeing. We'll probably also go to the dog beach. The dogs love it and I think my mom would get a kick out of watching them play in the ocean. I know we do. They are very entertaining puppies! Well, that's about all I have to say about that...
Oh, I've decided that I'm not going to be depressed anymore. I don't know what helped me with this decision, but I think I'm just getting sick of feeling this way all the time. There is no reason for me to be depressed. I have a wonderful husband and a pretty sweet life. I think if I start working out again, I can be happier with myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment