I think I'm getting a little more excited about going home. I am happy about the drive, though. That's two days with Shawn!!! He'll be here Wednesday afternoon and we'll be leaving early Thursday morning. He's such a great brother to be driving with me. He just drove out here, so he didn't have to do this. I think it's saving him money, though. Airfare is really expensive right now (that's why I'm driving). It's actually less expensive to drive our SUV than to fly, is that crazy or what?? hehe . I'm glad he'll be stationed in Cali for a while. Although, Will and I have been talking about possibly moving back to TX for the summer. I'm not sure what will happen, but he really wants to take some time off so he can write. We have a standing offer to stay at my mom's, but that's just hard on us, being a married couple with three dogs. We'd have our own space, but it would still be a bit crowded. I suppose if we do this, the baby making will be put on hold...again. :( I can't wait much longer...my eggs are rotting...haha. Anyway, I just want Will to be happy with his career...and he isn't at the moment. He hates CafeFx, with good reason, and he's burned out on Visual Effects. He really wants to be a Producer, but that's difficult to do when you work 20 hours a day, 6-7 days a week doing something else. If I could find a job that would pay our bills, I would be happy to work for a while, but I will never make enough money to support us. :( If we didn't move so much I'd go back to school and get my degree. It wouldn't be much but at least I'd have something to show for the time I spent in college.
I'm sitting here with the dogs watching movies tonight. Will is working late again. I hope the long hours end soon. It's absolutely ridiculous!!! I wish he would tell them to stick it, but then we wouldn't have income...and that might suck!!! haaa!!
I'm knitting a scarf (for mom-in-law) with yarn that frills! I love the look and it's not taking me long. I'm hoping to be finished with it tonight or tomorrow afternoon (at the latest) so I can start Meema's socks. :) I'm still way behind, but I think everything will work out. I'm planning to knit a lot while I'm on the road. I think I can get a lot done in 22 hours (after all, I need time to sleep..or maybe I could knit for about 32 hours...yeah...haha. NOT).
I'm missing Calliope tons!!! She visited Will the other night. He was telling me that he had a dream, but it wasn't really a dream. He said he was in a "dreamy state" but knew he was awake. He opened his eyes because he felt Clark lying on his back, then felt him walking. The first thing he thought was, "Why is Clark on the bed?". Then when he looked, there wasn't anything there. :) It had to be Calliope. She used to lay on his back when he was sleeping...hehe. I think that is so cool. I hear her jumping off the bathroom counter sometimes. At first I thought I was hearing things, but then I heard it when I was wide awake reading a book. I guess that is her way of letting us know she's okay. We miss her so much!!!
2 comments:
My first cat Fluffy used to visit me after he passed, especially whenever I first laid down in bed (I'd usually stay up and read for an hour in bed to relax). Every now and then I'd feel a cat jump on the bed but when I looked, nothing was there. A few times you could actually see a sudden indention where the "cat" laid down, too.
When my mother's favorite cat was put to sleep when she was a kid, she was devastated (her parents put it to sleep while she was at school, so she didn't even get to say bye). A few days later (after vacuuming; Grandpa was complaining about the cat hair, apparently), she laid her clothes out for the day and left the room. When she came back, there was a spot where a cat had been lying and her cat's fur was all over the front (and this outfit had just been washed with no hairs on it). Her mother thought it was a dirty outfit from before the cat was put down.
Awww...wow, I love stories like that. :) Thanks for sharing. hehe
Post a Comment