Wednesday, December 3, 2008

SHHHHHHH!!! I'm counting!!!!

Ok, so I finally finished Melody's sock.  I have no idea what happened, but it's way too big!!!!  I know I did the correct gauge but I made it too long.  I was having a difficult time measuring, for some reason.  I don't know what I was thinking.  It looks great, but just too big.  Oh well, I'll buy her something.  My knitting list is quickly becoming smaller as Christmas gets closer.  I did, however, finish Shawn's first sock (minus the star...I'm going to add that with duplicate stitch when the pair is finished).  It was a nightmare, but I am impressed with it!   To start, the kid (he's 28...haha, but still my younger bro) has ENORMOUS feet!!!  Knitting normal sized socks (7-9) usually takes a couple of days.  His first sock took me 4.5 days.  I think most of that time was spent fixing mistakes.  I have felt really rushed because I didn't start these Christmas projects until a few weeks ago, and I've learned that I don't knit well under pressure.  haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!  So, I'm on his second sock, but not feeling as stressed, so it's going well...so far.  I haven't come to the heel yet, which is my favorite part.  I'll probably finish the heel, heel turn and gusset tonight, then start on the foot tomorrow.  My goal is to finish his socks by no late than tomorrow because I need to start on my mom-in-law's scarf.  I have a time line, but it hasn't gone as planned yet.  hehehe  

Well, I'm going to miss yet another holiday party in the movie industry (this will be the 4th).  This year it is a VES (Visual Effects Society) party. It's a very exclusive society that Will belongs to...he had to be accepted, so it's kind of a big deal.   It seems that every time Will is invited to one, I'm in Texas.  I usually go to TX before he does because he works so much and he wants me to have some time with my family.  I think that's so sweet of him, but this year I'm really not feeling up to to.  I'm not thrilled about going home or seeing my family or friends.  I know that sounds awful, but I can't help it.  I'm extremely depressed and don't want to deal with people this year.  As much as I love everyone, I don't want to see them.  Wow, I sound like a total bitch!!!  I'm not, but it does sound that way.  :(  

We are attending a couple of movie screenings this weekend, so that's cool.  I think they are only for cast/crew.  I suppose that will be fun.  I'm sure I'll have some things to say about those in my next blog.  

Oh, I finally got a new computer and a phone.  We switched to At&t so he could have the iphone.  He seems to really like it.  I'm so glad about that, since he hated his other phone.  I love mine, too.  I finally got a smart phone with a qwerty keyboard.  It's taking some getting used to, butit's  getting easier.  My new laptop is awesome!  I had forgotten that being on a computer could be so fun!!!  I've had such a difficult time with my old one that I eventually just stopped using it.  I couldn't handle it anymore...I was about to throw it out the window.  

I'm going to get back to knitting now...yay for no mistakes...so far!!! hehehehe  

No comments: