Today was interesting...and extremely frustrating!! Will and I decided to suck it up and become California residents. We applied for our CA driver's licenses. California has to be the most backwards state in the U.S. Anyway, I had to jump through hoops to get my license! When we arrived at the DMV, they told us we would need our birth certificates (originals, not copies). (the dmv website wasn't real clear on what we actually needed to obtain a CA license and the phone number they have listed never works...surprise, surprise). That was the first frustrating thing, but it wasn't a huge deal since we live about 10 mins from the DMV. We drove back home to get the info we needed. When we got back to the DMV, we received our applications and we were on our way to having our new licenses...so we thought. When my # was called, I went to the window and the lady told me that my name is different on my birth certificate than my Texas license...well, DUH! I'm recently married! She then told me that she needed my marriage certificate. You've got to be kidding me! The reason I changed my name on my TEXAS license is so I wouldn't have to do it in California. She told me that my Texas license wasn't a "legal document" or something (which is b.s., if you ask me). Right about this time, Will's # was called and he was on his way to getting his license. I left him there and drove home again. When I came back from getting my marriage certificate (which I had to remove from the frame displaying it), she then told me that there was a different name on it than my birth certificate. Of course there is...I was married before. I told her that I was NOT going back home AGAIN to get my divorce papers. Give me a break! It should have been good enough that I had already changed my name in Texas...it was on my TEXAS LICENSE!!!!! Well, 3 hours later we had our California driver's licenses. Yes, we had to go through all of that for licenses we didn't even really want. Because of this mess, I had to change the dogs' grooming appt and my hair appt. Will had to take the dogs to the groomer after he took his test, since it was taking me FOREVER to get out of there.
The day ended up being a pretty decent day, believe it or not. I had my hair appt and I am very impressed with it. I have the most difficult time finding a good hair stylist, and I'm extremely picky ...I love my hair. I've been with Kathi for so long and I've had my hair butchered by other people so I'm very cautious about who cuts my hair. I took a risk and I'm happy I did... Rebecca is great! I have found my hair stylist in Cali...finally!
I picked up Kayla from the airport. Her flight was delayed, so her plane landed an hour and a half late. She made it safely though. :) I was so excited to see her. She's never been to L.A. so we're going to have tons of fun. We haven't seen each other since my wedding, so we have a lot of catching up to do!
While I cleaned yesterday, I did manage to clean a few of Calliope's things. It really can't be sanitary having her hair on a rug that hasn't been vacuumed in 2 weeks. :( I'm learning to accept the fact that she's gone, but it doesn't mean that it hurts any less. I will always love my little Liope. I only cry about once a day now.
I guess now I'm a true California resident...*sigh*
I'm going to spend time with my Wilson now...
No comments:
Post a Comment